Madrid or remote, open to international candidates.
Salary range €40k-€50k
About Ninety Nine
Ninety Nine is a fintech scale up with a mission of improving peoples’ relationship with money. We do this by offering an easy to use, affordable and ethical investing platform. We put our clients’ interest as the cornerstone of our decision making process.
We are currently in the process of taking our investment platform to the next level, building new cool features and expanding our product to new countries to reach hundreds of thousands of users.
We write a lot about what we love about investing, so check our blog if you want some more information about us.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate iOS engineer, someone who shares our desire to build high quality products that put customers at the forefront of our product core, and at the same time enjoys finding the latest Swift frameworks to build a fresh feature.
As a member of our engineering team you will build our iOS app, and work closely with other teams like Product, Design and Backend.
The Ninety Nine iOS app is built with the MVVM-C architectural pattern that lets us leverage all the power of reactive programming (RxSwift). We combine the potential of Swinject and Sourcery to generate and handle automatically all the dependency-injection boilerplate, avoiding the chore and letting us focus on the real thing. The internal architecture is based on UITableViews (used by almost all screens) to easily create highly reusable components.
What you will be doing
- Design and build new modules for our iOS app (we are using RxSwift, Swinject, Swiftlint, Crashlytics, Fastlane, MVVM-C).
- Partner up with Pergar (you will also report to him), David and Victor, the other iOS engineers in the team, to make sure code quality is high by conducting thorough code reviews.
- You’ll help keep our apps robust by monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs every week.
- Care about the product you are crafting by choosing the best possible technical solution.
- Set and improve the team’s coding and engineering best practices.
- Work closely with other teams and participate in all the different steps of the feature inception, design and implementation process.
- 2+ years of relevant experience as an iOS engineer.
- Experience shipping one or more Swift iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App store
- Passion for building great products.
- Creative problem solver – able to identify obstacles and viable solutions.
- You feel comfortable explaining what you did last weekend in English.
About Ninety Nine Tech Team
We aim to create a great engineering culture based on respect, collaboration, diversity, personal growth and engineering best practices. We are big fans of continuous integration, monitoring and automated testing, and all our infrastructure is either serverless or runs on containers.
We strive to create secure, scalable and performant services and mobile apps to allow the company to iterate fast on snappy product features and at the same time keep the data of our users and partners secured.
Our stack is mainly Kotlin, MongoDB and Swift, but we are looking for people with good software engineering foundations rather than experts in a single technology.
And we really are Agile, not a superficial implementation, but a deep, company-wide iterative mindset.
Working at Ninety Nine
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Ninety Nine success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Flexible working: whether it’s working from home or leaving early to pick up the kids from daycare or school.
- Learning and Development: our team is hungry to continuously learn and you’ll receive a budget to spend on books and conferences to keep growing as a person.
- Unplugged weekends: we work hard without letting work get in the way of life. We’ve implemented no Slacks or emails on weekends, so you can switch off.
- Impact: your actions will have an impact in the life of millions of customers that rely their life savings (and dreams) on us.
- Birthday disconnection: important days exist to spend valuable time with family and friends, not drained by infinite emails and never ending to-do lists.
How to apply
Please send us an email including your LinkedIn profile or CV and we will be in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck! We hope to be learning and working with you soon!