About Ninety Nine
Ninety Nine is a fintech scale up with a mission of improving peoples’ relationships with money. We do this by offering an easy to use, affordable and ethical investing platform. We put our clients’ interest as the cornerstone of our decision making process.
We write a lot about what we love about investing, so check out our blog if you want some more information about us.
About the role:
Help us build a sustainable tier-one financial institution by leading projects in two complex but critical verticals:
- Country opening and,
- Adding new assets classes to our catalogue.
What you will be doing:
- Define taxation requirements when opening a new country.
- Define taxation requirements when adding a new financial instrument.
- Monitor new and changing legislation on the countries that we operate in.
- Monitor new and changing legislation on the financial asset classes we offer.
- Respond to tax issues before they become exposures.
- Develop and grow Ninety Nine’s tax function recommending the right balance between in-house and outsourced advisory and compliance services.
- Manage relationships with outsourced advisors.
- Communicate risk assessments to management.
- Document tax policies and positions
- +7 years of international taxation experience.
- Experience working with financial instruments taxation on an international basis.
- Experience working on a financial institution – considered a plus.
- Experience in international / cross border tax matters, including transfer pricing.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Deep understanding of office and/or google docs. Particularly with excel.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish. Other EU languages – a plus.
Working at Ninety Nine
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Ninety Nine success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Flexible working: whether it’s working from home or leaving early to pick up the kids from daycare or school, that’s not important. We are driven by objectives and let you organize yourself.
- Learning and Development: our team is hungry to continuously learn and you’ll receive a budget to spend on books and conferences to keep growing as a person.
- Unplugged weekends: we work hard without letting work get in the way of life We’ve implemented no Slacks or emails on weekends, so you can switch off.
- Impact: your actions will have an impact in the life of hundreds of thousands of customers that rely their life savings (and dreams) on us.
- Birthday disconnection: important days exist to spend valuable time with family and friends, not drained by infinite emails and never-ending to-do lists.
- Private health insurance: nothing is more important for us than our employees health and wellbeing. Period.
How to apply
Please send us an email including your LinkedIn profile or CV and we will be in touch: email@example.com