Madrid, 100% remote OK.
Open to international candidates (currently not offering visa sponsorship)
About Ninety Nine
Ninety Nine is a fintech scale up with a mission of improving peoples’ relationship with money. We do this by offering an easy to use, affordable and ethical investing platform and putting our clients’ interest as the cornerstone of our decision-making process.
We are currently in the process of taking our investment platform to the next level, building new cool features and expanding our product to new countries to reach hundreds of thousands of users.
We write a lot about what we love about investing, so check out our blog if you want some more information about us.
About the role
«In god we trust, all other bring data»
We are looking for a Data Analyst that can bridge the gap between the engineers implementing the product and the rest of the company that is anxious to obtain as many analytics as possible customized for each department to run a data-centric, efficient and optimized organization.
The Product Managers will want to quantify user behaviour, Marketing will need plenty of details and metrics about the funnel, Business will demand money made filtering by all sort of variables, etc. Your job is to connect with the engineers, understand the data models and provide the required data, mostly through 3rd party tools.
What you will be doing
- Work with different teams in Ninety Nine (mostly Marketing, Product and Business/CEO) to understand their data needs on an ongoing basis. You will have a key role in the company: obtaining accurate, specific analytics and inferring insights is a fundamental step on the day to day job for these teams for planning and evaluation of initiatives.
- On the other end, sit with mobile and backend engineers to understand how data is obtained, generated and structured from inception.
- Create or update dashboards using third party tools to share the data on an ongoing basis. We are currently using Tableau for transactional/business analytics, Amplitude for behavioral data and Branch for affiliation data (but you will have a say in adding more to the mix).
- Some examples: «what’s the average investment of people over 40 living in Alicante?», «what’s the time of day users place more orders?», «what’s the average amount for first deposit users transfer when referred by other user?», «what are the cohorts for referrals?», etc.
- Whenever required and applicable, complement with data shared through spreadsheets or CSVs.
- You will be the person of reference for all company processes (people and tools) related to analytics.
- You are analytical and pragmatic and are passionate about how data can be used to guide company decisions to create amazing products that meet business needs.
- Great communication skills and level of detail, you will need to understand specifics about data needs and talk to people with different backgrounds to provide it.
- Excited to work in a startup big enough to have different departments, projects, data sources and data needs, but small enough to have to wear many hats and provide solutions in a high pace environment.
- You have experience with tools like Amplitude and Tableau, or equivalent, and are o can become the expert in the organization setting them up.
- You know the basics about databases, including querying SQL and notions of NoSQL (we use MongoDB), and are interested in learning more about this realm.
- Very comfortable working and manipulating data with Excel including pivot tables and programming in Basic.
- You have a curious mind and are independent in terms of problem solving.
- English is a must, since you will be working with people from different countries.
About the Ninety Nine Tech Team
We aim to create a great engineering culture based on respect, collaboration, diversity, personal growth and engineering best practices. We <3 continuous integration, monitoring and automated testing, and all our infrastructure is either serverless or runs on containers.
We strive to create secure, scalable and performant services and mobile apps to allow the company to iterate fast on snappy product features and at the same time keep the data of our users and partners secured.
Our stack is mainly Kotlin, MongoDB and Swift, but we are looking for people with good software engineering foundations rather than experts in a single technology.
And we really are Agile, not a superficial implementation, but a deep, company-wide iterative mindset.
Working at Ninety Nine
We believe that building a diverse and inclusive team is critical to Ninety Nine success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Flexible working: whether it’s working from home or leaving early to pick up the kids from school.
- Learning and Development: our team is hungry to continuously learn and you’ll receive a budget to spend on books and conferences to keep growing as a person.
- Unplugged weekends: we work hard without letting work get in the way of life. We’ve implemented no Slacks or emails on weekends, so you can switch off.
- Impact: your actions will have an impact in the life of millions of customers that rely their life savings (and dreams) on us.
- Birthday disconnection: important days exist to spend valuable time with family and friends, not drained by infinite emails and never ending to-do lists.
- Private health insurance: nothing is more important for us than our employees health and wellbeing. Period.
How to apply
Please send us an email including your LinkedIn profile or CV and we will be in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Luck! We hope to be learning and working with you soon!